Many people are gearing up to travel to see loved ones this holiday season. When it comes time to pack the car, it can be frustrating if you don’t do it somewhat methodically. When your vehicle isn’t packed right, it can make the unpacking process obnoxious. There are certain things to consider when you are getting ready to take off on a road trip. Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanics is here to share some tips to help you pack your car for your holiday traveling.
Safety Considerations; How to Pack a Car for Vacation
Not only do you want to be able to fit all of your belongings in your car, but you need to think about some safety measures that should be taken when packing. Following are some considerations you should be making before you pack your car.
– Heavy First: As a general rule of thumb, you will want to pack your heaviest belongings first, starting from the center of the cargo area. Many of the lighter items can be stuffed into small openings and cracks later on in the packing process.
– Keep It Low: When packing your car, be aware of the line of sight for the driver. He/she needs to be able to see out of the mirrors. Don’t stack your luggage too high and obstruct the view out the rearview mirror.
– Weight Distribution: You should be thinking about weight distribution as you pack your car as well. If your weight isn’t distributed evenly, you may notice that your vehicle doesn’t handle as well.
– Secure Luggage: If you are stacking luggage on top of your vehicle, you need to make sure it is appropriately secured down. Don’t stack it too high either for fear that you won’t be able to clear low bridges and tunnels on your travels.
Packing for Long Distance Travel Comfort
If you’re traveling a long distance and your cargo isn’t packed correctly, it can make for a miserable ride. You will have to endure whining from passengers that aren’t comfortable, items may go flying when you press on the brakes and so on. Following are some tips to pack for comfort.
– Lay out your items and visualize a plan for packing before starting.
– Pack items you will need to get to last so that you have access on stops.
– Pack cleaning supplies just in case something gets spilled or someone gets sick on the trip.
– Combine suitcases anytime it is possible so that you have more room on the trip.
Car Maintenance & More in Dallas, Texas (Just Minutes Away from Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Coppell, DeSoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale & Wylie, TX)
Part of a successful road trip during the holidays comes from having a well working and running vehicle. You can count on Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanics to perform the needed maintenance to make that happen. Contact us today!