When you think about it, the tires on your vehicle are one of the most important parts when it comes to your safety. They are crucial in getting to your destination in one piece. That’s why maintaining your tires are so important. There are two different essential tires services that you need to have done to keep your tires in good condition, tire rotation and wheel alignment. Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanics is here to talk about the difference between these two important tire maintenance services.
How Do You Know if Your Wheels Need Alignment?
When you’re driving down the road, it is important that all the tires are parallel to one another. If they aren’t, it can cause problems for driving. Wheel alignment happens when adjustments are made to the vehicle’s suspension to make sure the tires are all parallel like they need to be. Some signs that indicate that your vehicle is in need of a wheel alignment may include:
– Vehicle Pulling to One Side: If you notice that your vehicle is constantly pulling to one side while you’re driving down the road, it is a sign that your vehicle is out of alignment.
– Crooked Steering Wheel: If your vehicle’s steering wheel is crooked or off-center, it could mean your vehicle is misaligned.
– Steering Wheel Vibration: You shouldn’t feel a lot of vibration in the steering wheel when driving down the road. This happens when the wheels are pulling against one another rather than working together.
What is Done During a Tire Rotation
The tires on your vehicle have to be rotated for a couple of different reasons. This needs to be done just like the other maintenance services like oil changes on your vehicle. When it comes to the tires on your car, they don’t all wear evenly. For this reason, it is important to rotate the tires to help them wear more evenly. You don’t want the tires to wear uneven because it can put you more at risk of blowing a tire while driving down the road. Here are some of the signs that it’s time to rotate your tires.
– Tire Tread Wear Abnormalities: For most vehicles, the front tires wear down quicker than the tires in the back. If you notice there are tire wear abnormalities, you need to have the tires rotated.
– Heavy Vibrations: Another sign that your tires aren’t wearing quite as they should is heavy vibration.
– Loss of Air Pressure: You should never have one tire that is losing air pressure quicker than the other tires. This is another indication that there is uneven wear that is happening.
Tire Rotation & Auto Repair & Body Shop Services in Dallas, Texas (Just Minutes Away from Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Coppell, DeSoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale & Wylie, TX)
If it’s time to have your tires rotated or you are suspecting that you need a wheel alignment, you can turn to Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanics to make sure your tires are ready for driving. We will ensure your vehicle is safe to drive down the road and your tires are wearing evenly. Call us today!