If you haven’t ever lived in an area where hail storms are the norm, you may not realize the damage that can be caused when they do strike. Not only can you face property damage to your home and yard, but your car can take quite a beating if you are caught in a hail storm. Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanic is here to share some tips to help you protect your car if you ever find that you are caught in a hail storm.
Tips to Protect Your Car from Hail Damage
When you have a car that has been damaged by hail, you could be facing thousands of dollars in damage. If there is any way that you can avoid this, you should take all possible precautions. Following are some tips that may be helpful if you live in an area that experiences hail storms frequently.
– Find Covered Parking ASAP: If you are driving during a hail storm, you will want to find covered parking as soon as you possibly can. You can use your phone to find the nearest parking garage, gas station or other form of covered parking to offer your vehicle some protection.
– Hail Car Cover: If you live in an area where hail storms happen, you may want to invest in a hail car cover or blankets big enough that they can protect your vehicle during hail. While they may not keep your vehicle completely dent free, you will far better off than if you had nothing on top of your car for protection.
– Be Aware of the Weather: If you notice that there is supposed to be severe weather in your area, it’s best if you stay put until the storm passes. You can also make arrangements for your car if you know that severe weather is on its way.
– Park Close to a Building: If you have no other choice when severe weather hits, try to move close to a building so the building can help block some of the hail that could be pelting your car.
– Cover Yourself with a Blanket During a Storm: When a storm hits and you don’t have a hail storm cover for your vehicle, grab a blanket or jacket that you can cover yourself with if there is a chance that the hail might break the windshield.
– Get Car Insurance Coverage for Hail Damage: Make sure your insurance policy will cover hail damage if there is even a slight chance that you could be caught in a hail storm. This will save you big bucks if the situation ever arises.
Hail Damage Dent Repair & More in Dallas, Texas (Just Minutes Away from Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Coppell, DeSoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale & Wylie, TX)
If your vehicle has gotten caught in a hail storm and you have dimples covering your car, you can count on the experts at Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanic to help you get your vehicle back as good as new. We work with insurance companies and are happy to give you a quote today!