Is there anything better than getting a new car? It is so exciting to get all the upgrades and the fancy bells and whistles that often come with new cars today. When you drive that car off the lot, there is always a little part of you that wants to wrap it up in bubble wrap so that it doesn’t sustain any damage while driving it down the road or parking it in a parking lot. However, obviously, that isn’t realistic. That’s why Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanic is here today to share some tips to help you avoid any dings with your new car.
How to Prevent Car Dents
Unfortunately, dings on your vehicle are a part of life. When you drive your car around and park it in public areas while you are shopping and attending work, there are dings that are bound to happen. However, there are some things that you can do to minimize the number of dings that happen on a daily basis to your new car. Here are our best tips.
– Park Far Away: The closer you are to other vehicles, the greater the chance will be that you get dings on your new car. It may seem like you don’t have time to park clear in the back of the parking lot or have the energy to walk all the way to the front door from clear back there. The fact of the matter is, that the risk of a ding happening will be far less when you aren’t near other cars.
– Carefully Open Car Doors: Many dings happen when you carelessly open your door, and it hits the car beside it. Use some caution when opening your door, and you will avoid many dings in the future.
– Teach Your Kids: The tip above is a hard one for kids to understand. If your kids aren’t careful when they open the doors of your vehicle, it may be time to give them some lessons on how you appropriately open car doors. You may even demonstrate it for them for several months before turning them loose.
How to Protect a Car from Hail
Hailstorms are something that we have to deal with from time to time. There are certain situations where you don’t have the ability to avoid them either. It can cause serious damage to your vehicle though, so here are some tips to help you avoid hail damage.
– Watch the Weather: You need to be clued into what the weather is going to look like so you can be careful with your vehicle and avoid hail damage.
– Covered Parking: If you don’t have a garage to keep your vehicle in, try your hardest to always park under covered parking. Make sure you know when a storm is coming and make plans for covered parking if it looks stormy.
– Cover Your Vehicle: If you don’t have any way of getting under covered parking, purchase a cover for your vehicle. That barrier will do wonders in helping you avoid dings due to hail.