You might have feelings of bewilderment regarding the collision repair process if this is the first time you have gotten involved in a vehicle accident. We believe it is essential for every customer to understand at least the basics of the collision repair process, though many customers are only interested in the ultimate result and do not really concern themselves with the technicalities involved. Having knowledge about the collision repair job allows you to better understand the labor, time, and overall costs that go into the restoration of a damaged automobile, apart from eliminating a certain amount of mystery surrounding this process. There are certain fundamental steps involved in pretty much every repair process, though the specifics can and usually will vary between repair shops. Today, we at Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanics would like to explain the collision repair process.
Car Accident Repair Process
1) Estimate: The repair process will initiate with the vehicle inspection. It will take place at the car body shop that will be used for the repairs since the inspection is performed by estimators. The estimator will take pictures of your vehicle once the paperwork concludes, and the inspection results are available.
2) Disassemble: The insurance provider has the option for requesting a vehicle teardown during the disassembling step. In addition to see if the vehicle needs a repair, this request is made to ensure that every bit of damage has been correctly documented. Your chosen body shop can go ahead and place orders for all necessary vehicle parts after you and your insurance company have authorized the car repair.
3) Repair: To ensure that it is restored to its original, pre-accident condition, car body shop will make use of a measuring system that will analyze the car during repairs. Since it will make sure that there are no structural issues with the frame of your vehicle, this is an essential step. Suspension repairs including wheel alignment shall also be performed if required. Alongside the vehicle’s structural repairs, every mechanical repair needs to be performed.
4) Paint Prep: In every vehicle refinishing process, this is an essential step. Before they prime and seal, the car body shop will be responsible for the preparation painting panels. This improves adhesion during the application of top colors and the supplementary clear coating.
5) Reassemble: Every final molding and detailed piece is restored to your vehicle in this section of the process. The personnel will also assess the various systems in your car during reassembling. You can be assured that your vehicle is repaired and will soon be delivered to you at this stage.
6) Quality Control Inspection: Your vehicle will be thoroughly washed and get its interior cleaned once the parts have been completely reinstalled. While the vehicle’s body paint will undergo polishing, the vehicle surface will be cleaned. The experts at the body shop will do a test drive along with the physical inspection.
7) Delivery: The collision repair process reaches its final stage after performing the quality control assessment. Coming to the vehicle body shop and collecting your repaired vehicle will be requested. Along with a detailed explanation regarding the billing, you will be receiving all the paperwork at this point. You can drive home in your car that has been restored to precisely how it was before you met the unfortunate accident once this is done.