Is it frustrating going to use your vehicle only to find that the car won’t start? If you are dealing with a car that is not starting, there are several reasons that this might be happening. There are a number of different systems inside your car’s engine that can cause problems. While you might be in need of a professional to help you get the car back up and running, Top Notch Body Shop & Mechanic is here to talk about some of the things that could be keeping your car from starting.
What Causes a Car Not to Start?
Following are some of the most common reasons why you are having a hard time getting your car to start up:
– Dead Car Battery: By far, the most common reason for a car to have trouble starting is a dead battery. Sometimes, this happens because there is corrosion on the connections and the power flow is interrupted. It might also be due to the fact that you simply need a new battery.
– Bad Alternator: Sometimes the reason your battery is not helping your car get started is because the alternator has gone bad. In the past, cars have come equipped with an indicator that tells you how many volts your battery has. However, most modern cars do not have this feature, and you will need the help of a technician to get it figured out.
– Bad Starter: If you try to turn on your vehicle and only hear a clicking sound, you are more than likely dealing with a bad starter that needs replacing. These are electrical parts, and it is not uncommon for them to go bad.
– Spark Plugs: In today’s world, many people don’t keep their cars long term. This might be why many people forget that spark plugs are something that need to be replaced around 100,000 miles. If you’re having a hard time getting your car to start and it has around 100,000 miles, there is a chance that the spark plugs are the problem.
– Dirty Air Filter: Your vehicles engine needs to have proper air flow to work the way that it is supposed to. Air filters often collect dirt, grease, and other grime over time. It is important that they are replaced periodically so that you avoid ignition problems.
– Empty Fuel Tank: This might sound silly, but there are some people that run out of gas without realizing it. If you don’t have enough fuel in your tank to get your vehicle started, you are going to have a difficult time getting that engine to turn over. It is vital that you make sure you’re keeping enough fuel in your vehicle to keep it running.